The Fire Protection Association (FPA) is the UK’s national fire safety organisation. It works to identify and draw attention to the dangers of fire and the means by which their potential for loss is kept to a minimum.
Established in 1946, FPA has attained an unrivalled reputation for quality of work and expertise in all aspects of fire including research, consultancy, training, membership, publications, risk surveying and auditing. The FPA’s products and services are designed to assist fire, security and safety professionals achieve and maintain the very highest standards of fire safety management.
The agreed aims and objectives of the FPA are:
- To protect people and property and the environment by advancing fire prevention and protection techniques
- To collaborate with central Government, the fire service and other agencies in this work
- To focus national and European attention on these issues
- To influence consumers and business related decision making
- To collect, analyse and publish statistics, identify trends and provide research
- To disseminate advice and information