- The Guild of Architectural Ironmongers (GAI) is the only trade body in the UK that represents the interests of the whole architectural ironmongery industry – architectural ironmongers, wholesalers and manufacturers. We promote the highest standards of education, technical excellence and professionalism in our sector, and promote these standards to the wider construction industry and its clients.
- The Guild’s work is built on three pillars:
- EDUCATION: we offer a comprehensive programme of courses and qualifications, leading to diploma qualification and ultimately to RegAI, the benchmark for the demonstration of professional architectural ironmongery competence.
- TECHNICAL STANDARDS: we help develop the standards that affect the products our members make, specify and use. We also provide support and advice to the sector on applying these standards.
- COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES: the Guild brings people together through our extensive Community Hub network, and our programme of events and awards.
- There is a range of company and individual membership options for those working in and around the architectural ironmongery industry depending on their role, their qualifications and their experience. The GAI is run by the industry for the industry.