The Institute of Fire Prevention Officers (IFPO) is a premier fire safety institute.
Its mission is to:
- Promote the advancement of fire safety education generally.
- Maintain high professional standards amongst members.
- Direct anyone with a need for fire safety information to those members with the skills and knowledge to satisfy that need.
- Bring together those members seeking a fire safety solution with those members or companies providing the means to satisfy that solution.
- Provide a forum for the purposes of reception and exchange, provision and dissemination of information.
- Encourage appraisal, evaluation, research and study in the field of fire safety
- Advise, inform and educate members in all aspects of the fire safety industry.
- Represent the interests of members on bodies and committees dealing with statutory controls, regulations, standards and codes of practice
- Forge links amongst advisors, specifiers, manufacturers and contractors for the better understanding of fire safety products and their correct applications
- Promote international liaison amongst fire safety professionals.
- Maintain an approved Competency Council Register of Fire Risk Assessors.
The Institute continues to gain in strength not only in the UK but throughout the world. With the availability of almost instant communication the Institute is able to respond quickly to the requirements of its members. This ensures that the universal support and the prompt and professional service provided by the Institute continues to be one of the many benefits of membership.
This continuing support and service provided to individual members by the Institute is made much easier by the unwavering assistance given to the Institute from the affiliate member companies. They all continue to devote time and energy to making sure that our questions are answered. It is by increasing our level of knowledge and awareness that we can have a positive effect on fire safety.
One of the aims of the Institute is to enable all members to constantly maintain a professional approach to fire safety. The Institute will use every means at its disposal, including education and advice, to achieve and sustain this aim. It is only by ensuring such an approach that we will provide a significant service to the community in general.